Welcome to the Parish of St Charles Borromeo
Built in 1913, Mary Immaculate Church is the mother-church of the Franciscan Friars in Australia and parish church for Saint Charles Borromeo. The Church is a popular wedding venue enhanced by the fine acoustics and the historic paintings of the Seven Joys of Mary (Franciscan Crown).
Waverley Parish’s mission is to be a sign of God’s love for all people by being a welcoming and caring community which embraces the Gospel of Jesus in the spirit of Saints Francis and Clare of Assisi. We acknowledge the traditional owners and custodians of the land on which we stand. We walk on a land once occupied by the Gadigal people of the Eora nation. May we continue to love and respect the land as they have.
Interesting Facts about Mary Immaculate Church:
- Seats up to 400 people
- Neo-classical style Pipe Organ
- Friday Morning Teas
- St Charles’ Mothers Prayer Group
- Christian Meditation Community
- Secular Franciscan Fraternity
- St Charles’ Parish Primary School, Waverley – (02) 9387 3845
- St Clare’s College, Waverley – (02) 8305 7100
- Waverley College, Senior Campus – (02) 9369 0600
Images by Giovanni Portelli Photography © 2017