Wish to Volunteer?
If you are interested in any of the ministries below, please contact the Parish Office on (02) 9369 9399 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ministry of Altar Serving
- Ministry of Hospitality
- Ministry of Music
- Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist
- Ministry of Proclaiming the Word
- Ministry of Communion to the Sick
- Altar Linen Cleaning
If the Parish Priest requires you to obtain and/or maintain a current Working with Child Check under the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012 (NSW), you will provide him with the information he requires to verify that you are cleared to work with children. Your engagement in this position is subject to that clearance.
If you are volunteering in a role in which you will have, or are expected to have contact with children, you must comply with the Archdiocese’s child protection policies and procedures. If a National Criminal History Record Check is required, the relevant form will be provided to you. Your engagement in this position is subject to the results of that check (if required).
Child-related workers, both paid and unpaid, are responsible for applying for their own Working With Children Check.
To obtain a Working With Children Check, applicants must:
- Go to http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check/apply/apply
- Under the heading For individuals, select Apply.
- An online form will appear. Complete the required fields and follow the prompts. Applicants will be provided with a Working With Children Check application number.
- Take the application number and proof of identity to a Transport, Roads and Maritime (RMS) registry (formerly known as the RTA) or Government Access Centre.
- Pay a fee of $80 if the applicant is in paid employment. The Working With Children Check is free for volunteers.
If the worker receives a clearance, the check is valid for five years (unless a new record appears during this time which leads to the clearance being revoked).
Please also sign this CAS Code of Conduct form following the agreements for Working with Children and hand this in with your WWCC number.
Ministry Formation Retreats
This information is for all who have who are interested in being involved in our parish liturgical ministries and registered to be Extraordinary Ministers of Communion, Proclaimers of the Word, Sacristan/Altar Server. Before we can publish rosters, it is important that proper formation is given for these very important ministries in our Parish. There are two options for formation and everyone who wishes to minister must attend either one of the two options. Please contact Fr Bernie to arrange a time for ministry instruction at email@example.com