Wish to Volunteer?
If you are interested in any of the ministries below, please contact the Parish Office on (02) 9369 9399 or email@example.com.
- Ministry of Altar Serving (WWCC required)
- Ministry of Hospitality
- Ministry of Music
- Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist
- Ministry of Proclaiming the Word
- Ministry of Communion to the Sick
- Altar Linen Cleaning
Already a Volunteer?
If you currently volunteer at our Parish in any of the Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney identified areas listed below you need to have a WWCC (Working with Children Check) details & have signed a Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney Code of Conduct form which are held in the parish office. If you need assistance contact the parish office (02) 9369 9399.
The Safeguarding & Ministerial Integrity Office, in conjunction with the Parish has identified the following require a Working With Children Check:
• Parish Priests, Assistant Priests, Parish Administrators
• Parish Secretaries
• Youth Ministers, Workers or Leaders
• Pastoral Associates
• Sacramental Coordinators
• Sacramental Group Leaders
• Catechists in State Schools
• Children’s Liturgy Coordinators
• Children’s Choir Ministry Leaders
• Acolytes and Senior Altar Servers
• Ministers of the Altar
• Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion
• Ministers of the Word
• Parish Counters/Collectors
• Ministers to the Homebound
Child-related workers, both paid and unpaid, are responsible for applying for their own Working With Children Check.
To obtain a Working With Children Check, applicants must:
- Go to http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check/apply/apply
- Under the heading For individuals, select Apply.
- An online form will appear. Complete the required fields and follow the prompts. Applicants will be provided with a Working With Children Check application number.
- Take the application number and proof of identity to a Transport, Roads and Maritime (RMS) registry (formerly known as the RTA) or Government Access Centre.
- Pay a fee of $80 if the applicant is in paid employment. The Working With Children Check is FREE for volunteers.
If the worker receives a clearance, the check is valid for five years (unless a new record appears during this time which leads to the clearance being revoked).
Please also sign this CAS Code of Conduct form following the agreements for Working with Children and hand this in with your WWCC number for verification.
The Safeguarding Office require volunteers to complete Training – for the Online Induction Training you will need to register by following the link found on our Safeguarding & Child Protection page.
Ministry Formation Retreats
This information is for all who have who are interested in being involved in our parish liturgical ministries and registered to be Extraordinary Ministers of Communion, Proclaimers of the Word, Sacristan/Altar Server. Before we can publish rosters, it is important that proper formation is given for these very important ministries in our Parish. There are two options for formation and everyone who wishes to minister must attend either one of the two options. Please contact Fr Bernie to arrange a time for ministry instruction at firstname.lastname@example.org