Parent Information Night
The Parent Information Evening will be held on Wednesday, 28th April @ 6.30pm however, it will no longer be a face-to-face meeting. It will be a zoom meeting starting at 6.30pm. This is the link required for the Information Evening.
Parents and Candidates are introduced to the Sacrament and are briefed on working together through the resource material provided. The Sacraments are a wonderful gift to us from God inviting us into deeper intimacy. So that children can gain the full benefit of the experience, the preparation is vitally important. Children who attend St Charles’ Primary School will attend preparation classes during school hours.
If your child has extracurricular activities on the days for the preparation classes, please be sure to give the various coaches/instructors notice well ahead of time that your child will be attending the Sacrament Preparation classes on those days. If you have an unavoidable commitment, please contact the Sacraments coordinator so that alternative instruction can be arranged.
Enrolment is closed.
A copy of the child’s Baptism, Reconciliation & Eucharist certificates are required as well as the permission of both parents. Please note, students at St Charles Primary School may enrol and pay through the School office.
If you do not attend Mary Immaculate Church on a regular basis or you attend another Parish, you will need to contact the Parish Office. We cannot guarantee a place for your child. Permission from your local Parish Priest is required with enrolment.
The cost per child is $30.
No child will ever be denied the opportunity to receive the Sacraments due to financial limitations. Families in difficult financial circumstances should contact the parish office to discuss their situation confidentially.
Once you have completed the Google form and made payment via Tribooking, please collect your Workbook.
- St Charles’ current students will receive their workbooks from their classroom teacher.
- St Charles’ past students should collect their workbooks from the St Charles’ front office. (Name is on the workbook from last year)
- Parish students should collect their workbooks from the St Charles’ front office.
- Waverley College Junior School and Waverley College students should see Mr Stephen Ghattas for their workbook collection.
- St Charles’ students will complete these books as part of their homework and will need to return them to their classroom teacher on the allocated homework dates.
- Waverley College Junior School and Waverley College students will complete their workbook with Mr Stephen Ghattas as part of homework and is required to be handed in on the set dates which will be attached to the workbook.
- St Charles’ past students will complete this book independently at home. Please ensure you complete the whole workbook before the Sacrament on Sunday 20th June.
- Parish students are to complete this workbook in their own time. Please ensure you complete the whole workbook before the Sacrament on Sunday 20th June.
The Sacrament of Confirmation requires the candidate to choose a person to be their sponsor. This person cannot be their parent, must be at least 16 years of age and a confirmed Catholic who is a witness to the faith. As Confirmation is linked to Baptism, ideally the sponsor would be one of your child’s godparents. If this is not possible, another sponsor may be chosen.
The Confirmation Ceremony
Sacrament of Confirmation:
- Saturday 19th June from 4pm- 6.30pm: St Charles’ Catholic Primary School students, Yr 6 2021, Yr 6 2020 (Yr 7 2021)
- Sunday 20th June from 1pm- 3.30pm: Waverley College Junior School and Waverley College students Yr 6 2021 and Yr 6 2020 (Yr 7 2021) and Mary Immaculate Church Parish Students
Due to the current COVID-19 situation and Government regulations, the Sacrament of Confirmation for the St Charles’ Catholic School students will be held separately to those of the Waverley College and Parish students.
Unfortunately, we will be unable to change your allocated date due to maintaining the designated number for each ceremony. We understand the great significance of other relatives and grandparents being a part of this special celebration, however, due to the current guidelines, only 1 parent/ carer, the candidate’s sponsor and the candidate are able to attend the celebration.
The Confirmation Ceremony takes approximately 1.5 hours and is followed by a group photograph with the Bishop. Families are then free to leave to celebrate further.
Children are not required to buy special outfits for the Sacrament, however they are required to dress appropriately. A general guide is how they would dress to attend a family wedding. Boys should be in long trousers (not jeans), dark shoes (not runners), collared shirt. A tie is appropriate but not essential. Girls should be in a knee or ankle length dress or slacks (not jeans), with hair neatly arranged. No runners.
Please contact the Parish Secretary on (02) 9369 9399 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any more information otherwise St Charles’ Primary School on (02) 9387 3845.